Although for some women conception happens easily, there are women who have problems getting pregnant. For those women there are some easy and recommendable advices that can help them to get pregnant faster.
Here are some tips to make it easier to conceive:
- Pre conceptual doctor’s visit – Make a checkup with your doctor: go over your medical and family history. Identify medical problems and genetic risks
- Be at your ideal body weight. The ideal Body Mass Index BMI for conception is 20-25. Being overweight or underweight affects hormone levels.
- Begin taking folic acid at least one month before you start trying to conceive. This nutrient can dramatically reduce the risk of certain birth defects.
- Stop smoking. Smokers take longer to get pregnant
- Limit alcohol and other drugs. Men also need to avoid them because using marijuana only once a week can lower sperm count.
- Determine when your body ovulates. Traditionally women ovulate 14 days after the first day of last period, if cycle is around 28 days long. You can know this with an ovulation predictor kid. Today, most doctors recommend using ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) for a more accurate measure of ovulation.
Sex recommendations for getting pregnant
- Have sex before and after ovulations: have sex in the four days leading up to ovulation and one to two days after. An egg lives for about 12-24 hours after being released. For pregnancy to happen, the egg must be fertilised by a sperm within this time. Sperm can live for up to 7 days inside a woman’s body. So if you’ve had sex in the days before ovulation, the sperm will have had time to travel up the fallopian tubes to wait for the egg to be released.
- After sex, lie on your back. Because the vagina naturally slopes downward, resting on your back after sex allows sperm to pool there.
- Avoid lubricants: lubrications affects sperm motility. If you need it use natural lubricants as olive oil.