When parents decide to buy a bassinet they should consider if it is difficult bassinet cleaning. Because parents have not a lot of time to spend cleaning, it is important to consider as an important factor the ease of cleaning when purchasing a new item for your baby. Unfortunately, the lining of most of bassinets aren’t not easy to remove, but there are some bassinets easier to clean than others.
The difficulty of cleaning a bassinet can depend on different factors like:
- The bassinet has a lot of cloth parts that can not be removed.
- The frame is difficult to clean and it is not machine washable.
All this factors can make a bassinet cleaning hard.
If your bassinet doesn’t allows you to take the fabric pieces off you can follow this intructions to clean it:
- You will need to use the following cleaning materials:
- First of all, take off dirt and dust with the lint brush or towel to avoid getting the dust wet.
- Put two tea spoons of baby laundry soap in the spray bottle and mix it with the warm water.
- Spray the fabric you want to wash and soak it completely.
- Put the towel against the back of the fabric and with the sponge clean the front of the fabric. You must rinse the sponge frequently.
- Rinse the fabric with clean water.
- Repeat the steps 4, 5 and 6 on all the sections of the bassinet you are going to clean.
- Finally, let the bassinet dry completely. You must be sure that the bassinet is completely dry before using or storing it.
- Do not clean the bassinet with solvents, abrasive or harsh products.
Easier to clean bassinets
We have find as the easiest cleaning bassinets the three following ones :
The most important thing of the Chicco lullago is that fabric parts can be easily remove for washing. Besides, this removable parts are machine washable.
This beautiful bassinet have fabric covers that are completely removable and machine washable. Furthermore, mattress also has removable and machine washable fabric covers. You must refer to the care label for instructions on cleaning the fabric parts of the bassinet.
Periodically wipe clean plastic parts with a soft damp cloth. Always dry the metal parts to prevent the formation of rust. Do not immerse the floor boards in water. Wipe clean with a damp cloth and mild detergent (do not use bleach).
Parallel to these tips, we recommend to refer to the care label for instructions on cleaning the fabric parts of the bassinet.
The babybjorn cradle is made of washable and easy cleaning materials. Besides all materials used in this bassinet are safe for babies.
All parts must be washed separately with a gentle and bleach free detergent. Do not tumble dry.
- Fitted sheet: can be easily removed and washed in the machine (hot, 60ºC).
- Cradle fabric: machine washable (warm, 40ºC).
- Mattress and cover: machine washable (hot, 60ºC).
- Canopy: machine washable (warm, 40ºC).
The sides of Bassinest Swivel Sleeper are made from 100% polyester material that easily wipes clean with a damp cloth. Besides, the removable fitted sheet is also easy to clean because it is machine washable. You should not use bleach and do not machine wash mattress. You also should not use harsh or abrasive cleaners.
The three bassinets we have selected are really easy to clean. In the following comparison chart we detail other features of each bassinet to make you easy to decide what is the best bassinet cleaning depending on your needs.