For a proper baby clothing sun protection, it is important to cover as much as possible baby’s skin when they are under the sun. The higher the UV protection factor (UPF), the greater the protection the fabric will provide. If possible, choose fabrics that are at least UPF15 (good protection) although it is better to choose UPF50 (excellent protection).
If you can use clothing with UPF protection look for fabrics that contain full percentages o blends of heavyweight natural fibres like cotton, linen and hemp, or lightweight synthetics such as polyester, nylon, lycra and polypropylene. The tighter the fabric structure, whether knitted or woven, the better the sun protection.
Best clothes for protecting babies from the sun
For a good baby clothing sun protection parents should dress their babies with lightweight but closely woven clothing, such as cotton, offers the best protection. Use tops that cover your baby’s shoulders particularly on hot days. Shoulders are particularly vulnerable and get burned quickly. Pop a loose pair of cool cotton trousers on your baby, too.
If you go to the seaside, make sure your baby wears a T-shirt while he’s splashing in the water. Have a dry T-shirt ready for him to wear when he’s finished his swim. Sun protection tops and suits made of lycra, or a mix of Lycra and nylon, are very practical and can be picked up cheaply at supermarkets. These block more of the sun than a normal T-shirt. They can be worn in and out of the water. Moreover, this tops dry more quickly than the others.
Appart from dressing your baby properly, your baby should wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade his face, neck and ears. Baseball hats may look cool, but they leave his sensitive neck and ears exposed.
Instead, choose a foreign legion-style hat with a brim at the front and a cloth flap at the back that covers his ears and neck. Otherwise, go for a hat with a wide brim all the way round.
- Baby boys’s one piece sun suit. Full body and bottom coverage,
- Materal: 80% Nylon , 20% Spandex,
- UPF 50+ sun protection blocks 97,5% of harmful UV radiation to keep your little baby safe.
- Chemical free fabrics, perfect for sensitive skin. Maximum UV sun protective for apparel
- Suitable for summer surfing, beach holiday, hot well or swimming training.
- The package includes One-pieces long sleeve wwimsuit and a Swimming Cap.
- Back zip for easy on and off. Zipper flap for protection
- 82%Nylon / 18%Spandex
- SPF/UPF 50+ Blocks 98% of damaging UVA and UVB rays.
- Safe, soft, super comfortable and premium quality fabric material
- 2 zippers: One in the back and 1 zipper between the legs for a super easy diaper changing. Also, tagless label for added comfort.